Adult Autism 全民双色球旧版下载
programs and services to support individuals and families
in Macon County and surrounding areas who have been diagnosed
with Autism Spectrum Disorder
What is Autism?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a group of developmental disabilities that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral challenges that typically appear during the first three years of life.
What are signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder?
Autism is a spectrum disorder and varies in severity of symptoms, age of onset and behaviors. There are some significant commonalities among individuals being diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder, but there is no single behavior that would automatically include or exclude an individual from diagnosis.
The following are characteristics that could indicate an individual is showing atypical development:
- No big smiles or expressions (by 6 months)
- No back and forth sharing of sounds (by 9 months)
- No gestures, i.e. pointing, showing, or waving (by 12 months)
- No words (by 16 months)
- No two-word phrases (by 24 months)
- Any loss of language or social skills
- Repeating words or phrases over and over
- Giving unrelated answers to questions
- Displaying repetitive behaviors
- Lining up toys or other objects
- Playing with toys the same way every time
Autism spectrum disorder occurs in all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups and are five times more likely to occur in boys than girls.
What should I do if I know someone or have a child who has signs of atypical development?
Early identification of Autism spectrum disorder is essential for future success. The characteristic behaviors of autism may or may not be visible in infancy (18 to 24 months), but usually become obvious during early childhood (24 months to six years). Research indicates that early diagnosis is associated with dramatically better outcomes.
As many as one in 68 children are diagnosed
with Autism, according to the
Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
If your child or someone you know has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Kids Connection has services to promote growth of individuals. Adult Autism 全民双色球旧版下载 at Independence Pointe include:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Inclusive Child Care (6-18 years old)
- Adult Social Group (Specialized 全民双色球旧版下载)
- Day Vocational Training
- Autism Resource Room – The room is open to serve families, health and service providers, educators, and the general public by appointment.
To learn more about our Autism 全民双色球旧版下载 contact:
2715 N. 27th Street
Decatur, IL 62526